Monday 14 April 2014

White sofa

We have white slip covers on the sofa. The covers do need to washed from time to time. I had not washed them for a while (maybe for a year), it is bit of a hassle to take the covers off and put them back on. But surprisingly I do not think those have needed washing until now, maybe my standards of cleanliness or whiteness are not that high. 




Removing the covers for washing reminds me of why I made the slip covers in the first place. The sofa frame and the cushion fillings are in very good shape, but the upholstery is really worn. The pillows have holes and stains. Considering it's age, about 30 years, it's a miracle the upholstery is the only thing that is worn. The sofa is obviously well made, I love the it, the proportions are excellent and it's good to sit on. Odd to see the sofa in it's original colour.

6 comments:

  1. Your living room is looking lovely. It's great you have a sofa that is easy to slipcover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, this sofa was a very easy one to slipcover, only square pieces.

      Delete
  2. For 30 years, I'd say they look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The style is also very timeless, at least in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. You made those? They look great! It does look like a very nice sofa, not 30 years old at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, thanks. The sewing was not difficult, but it did take huge amount of fabric

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...