Wednesday 6 March 2013

Smoke detector

I've understood that for our apartment which is about 95 square meters it is suggested to have two smoke detectors. We used to have only one, it is still on the hallway near the bedroom and the office. But now I got another one and also got it on the ceiling.

I must admit that this might appear as a bit of an add, but the only nice looking smoke detector I found from Finland was the Kupu by Jalo Helsinki. I bought it in light gray. It is not the best colour for our ceiling but I have a dream that one day we will move to an apartment with white ceilings or that I will paint the ceiling of this apartment. So I bought this mainly for it's looks, but I'm sure it also works fine.

7 comments:

  1. I would love to own the detector that looks like an insect. But our old detectors still work well so I'll wait. I think it's great that nice design spreads to more and more products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the insect too but I thought this one would be less eye-catching. I too think it's nice to get design in products that are actually needed. Design isn't only for ornaments and furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a very sleek looking smoke detector. We have standard, not so sleek, looking ones. It is definitely an area where design could be improved. I think this little bird one would be cute in a kids room...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen the bird before but had forgotten about it. It looks really sweet, I doubt the sound it makes is sweet :)
      Our other one is very standard, actually really ugly, smoke detector.

      Delete
  4. I didn't even know they made any that weren't ugly! Now I have another thing on my shopping list. :)

    I'm currently working on a post about exchanging not-so-pretty everyday objects with prettier versions. I think I will reference this post, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do refer, I would like that. Sounds like a fun post

      Delete
  5. Yes, it didn't quite blend well with the plank ceiling. But I find it amusing that you picked the color in consideration of your future house with white ceiling. What an outlook! :) On another hand, what's relatively more important at present is that you have two smoke alarms for your own security, if not to conform to the 2-smoke alarm requirement.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...