Monday 5 November 2012

Halloween costumes


We were invited to a Halloween costume party. It was on Saturday, so not actually on the Halloween. We did not have any costumes ready so I made them for us. A wanted to be a reaper and I wanted to be a spider. We had an old black duvet cover home that we do not use so I made a cape for A and legs for me. I made them really quick with the serger. The legs are tubes that I filled with wadding. I made loops for the wrist and the elbow where the legs hung from. That way the legs moved when my arms moved. I think those were quite clever. Here is a bad picture to illustrate the movement of the legs.


4 comments:

  1. Ok, and you just came up with this on the spur of the moment?? ...I think there may be a second career in the wings for you Ms. Leena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Halloween costume designer. Not much of a career in Finland, but if I sold to States... :D

      Delete
  2. I love your spider costume! I could have never come up with it last minute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a sequal to another costume I had on one of my friends birthday party few years ago. There I was a ladybug. So I expanded my bug theme.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...