Monday 29 October 2012

Project bags


I made reusable vegetable bags over a year ago. But I'm afraid they did not work. The problem was that the sticker from the scale did not stick to the bag so not only once I had lost the sticker with the price of the vegetables somewhere and had to look for it or then I had to be really careful not to loose the sticker by placing the bag and the vegetables very carefully into the cart. So after I realized it was just too difficult to use the bags in grocery shopping I left them home and did not touch them in many months.

Then I was knitting few days ago and noticed that I'm using ugly plastic bags to temporarily store and move around knitting and crocheting projects. And then I remembered having those reusable bags which are see through. Just perfect. So that is how I found new use for the vegetable bags.



7 comments:

  1. Your bags are pretty. I have noticed the same price tag problem with the bag I have. Maybe there could be some kind of separate "tag holder" in the bag? I think all these loose price tags seem awfully old fashioned anyway, it's 2012 for heaven's sake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about adding a price tag holder on the bag (I read from a magazine Ihana that a chamois (säämiskä) would work) , but then the bag would just get very heavy. These were already many times heavier than the clear plastic bags in the stores. Also I tend to place the sticker straight on the vegetables if possible, like cucumber, bananas, melons, lemon and so on.
      It is bit old fashioned to have to weight every product, but I don't know any other way... maybe I'm just not innovative enough. I've never realized to question that system.

      Delete
    2. I don't like that the customers should weigh the products. In Lidl they are not even allowed to, I believe. And if the whole paying process gets automatized with rfid's and stuff, I'm sure the system could be made to recognise fruits with intelligent camera software, or then more simply there could be a tiny rfid tag in each fruit. Or then we could start buying the fresh stuff in fruit store, bread store, meat store etc and get real customer service.

      Delete
    3. Cool ideas. Hope they would work someday. I also find the idea of separate meat and bread and cheese and so on stores but truth be told I'm not sure I would like to have all the trouble of changing store to get something the other store does not sell.

      Delete
    4. I meant to say I find the idea nice.

      Delete
  2. So much prettier than a old plastic bag. We don't get to weigh our own fruits and veggies. I wonder if it's because the honor system wouldn't work so well here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here like Miolan there said only one chain of stores weight the veggies on the cashier, maybe you remember. When that chain came to Finland it was long considered really odd not to do the weighing on your own. Even abroad I look for the scale and usually cannot find it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...