Friday 22 June 2012

Happy Midsummer!

I'm off to the Finnish archipelago to celebrate midsummer. We will do some boating, eat well, sleep in, drink beer and have a sauna.

I thought it might be exotic to some of you to see the nighless night of the north, so I prepared some pictures for you. I do live south from the arctic circle so the sun does set, but on the night time we can see the dawn from the north and it is not pitch black even in the middle of the night.










It was slightly difficult to get the true lightness with the camera, because of the different shutter times, but I tried to take as realistic pictures as I could. The pictures are not all taken on the same night, so I didn't wake up every hour to take these pictures. I took these in about a time frame of one week.

Hope you have a nice Midsummer!
(even if you don't celebrate it)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos! Have a happy midsummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that they sre 'night' photos, i imagined it to be more like a permenant twilight but its so much brighter. Have a wonderful holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing, thanks for sharing the pictures. I don't know if I'd be able to get any sleep there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...