Monday 28 May 2012

Always surprising plants

I'm a bit dissappointed. I bought the Common Solomon's seal plant last fall for the flower bed. According to the information I collected through the internet the plant should get over one meter (three feet) tall.

Take a look, you think they are one meter tall?



More like 15 cm (6 in) tall. Pathetic! What do you think, have I got a wrong plant or will they grow taller when the plant gets older? I might need to check from the nursery that sent the plant.

But other plants on the flower bed are luckily looking very nice. Tulips are in full bloom and the Christmas rose has a cool green flower in front of the ferns.



I cut few tulips to place in a vase in the living room. I have planted tulips under bushes in the backyard and the tulips are getting covered by the leaves of the bushes. Thought it would be better to cut them so they can be admired.


4 comments:

  1. I have no clue about plants and have a brown thumb, almost no plant survives my care ;) Love the tulips, both in the garden and on your table. And I spot the cool Muuto candle holder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That candle holder is still my favorite item I've bought in a long time.

      Delete
  2. Maybe it will get bigger as it gets more mature?
    I really wish I had such beautiful tulips to cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did call to the nursery and they said that for the first year it mainly grows roots. But they also said that this particular variety is not as tall, it will most likely get to be only half meter tall. Now I don't know if its' good in that spot where I have them now. Bugger.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...