Wednesday 12 October 2011

I can't wait!



We are going to New York! Whoppee! We are going soon!

I'm not actually going to tell you when we are going, I'm afraid a robber reads this blog and comes to rob our home when we are not home. I know, I'm nuts, that scenario is very unlikely. Still, I'm just going to say that we are leaving soon. Yay!

I've actually been to New York twice before, the first time when I was 4 years old and I cannot remember anything from that trip. The second time I was there with my mom in summer 2007. I really loved the city and I've wanted to revisit ever since. A has never been in New York althought he's been to many other cities in the States and he has been really wanting to go there.


We haven't planned yet what we are going to see in New York, I have a few stores on my list that I want to check out. At least I want to visit the Container Store, then I saw the pair of winter boots I want on the blog of Art of Doing Stuff and seems those boots are not sold anywhere in Europe, so I MUST visit some store that sells those. Also I need to visit the Victoria's Secret, apparently they sell the best underpants, according to a friend of mine and I have to get her a bunch of those, heh. I'd also really like to visit a crafts store, a big crafts store, the crafts stores here in Finland are so petite. Does anyone know any good crafts store chain or an individual store in the States?


Apart from the stores, we are most likely going to visit the Museum of Natural History and Empire State building and perhaps take a ride with the Staten Island ferry. And eat hot dogs.


Yippee! Can. Not. Wait.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wonderful!

    I've heard of Joanne's Fabrics and Hobby Lobby. They seem to be big craft stores. The latter, especially.

    Me--I would try and find all the great Art Deco and Art Nouveau lobbies and buildings in NY and try and visit them all!

    Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the craft store hints, I allready did check the Hobby Lobby's virtual tour and the store is huge, I think it qualifies :)

    Nice idea about the Art Deco and Art Nouveau. I love that period, very classy. Oh, I have so much to plan before we leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! We are going there next Spring. I have never been there and I'm soooo looking forward to it. I still have to wait too many months.

    Have a nice trip!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I bet that's a great time to travel there, weather vise. Did you buy your tickets from Hullut Päivät, like we did? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time in New York!
    I've been there 3 times and really enjoyed it, too. :)

    So nice to meet you through BYW.
    All the best,
    Mary
    Mary C. Nasser Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh New York, New York... I love the city too, I visited while a friend of mine was living there. The weather was c**p, but it did not bother me. I am wanting, hoping, wishing and dreaming that I get to go there again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...