Wednesday 24 August 2011

Don't like it? Paint it!

Remember I got some books for my sister and a friend as a present few days ago? The other book was about knitting and the other was named Ekodeko, a Finnish book about making new things from old stuff. I flipped through the books ofcourse before I wrapped them (I always do that). In the later book I saw painted pot stands and I thought they were pretty cool.


A has had these pot stands forever and neither of us are that big fan of their looks, that's why the idea of painting them was suberb. I had left over paint from painting the kitchen wall, so I used that.


To tell you the truth the pot stands are still not that dry so I had to be really carefull when I took the pictures for you. But because of that I've not been able to actually test if the paint works. I have no idea what will happen if I put a burning hot pan on top of them. I don't know if the book said anything about the use after painting, I just flipped it through, remember? Would the pan stick to the paint, possibly melting it or burning it. I have no clue. I'll let you know once I've done some testing. But it was fun to paint those anyway, it's no biggie if the paint doesn't work.


Update: The paint on the pot stands work great, no melting or burning so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...